Monday, August 29, 2016

National Chop Suey Day

Happy Monday and it's National Chop Suey Day! Now, again, I have heard of chop suey before, never eaten it or ordered it, never prepared it or served it. Always just assumed it was some sort of Chinese food dish. It also always makes me think of the movie Lady and the Tramp. You know, when poor Jim Dear has to go out in the middle of snow stormy night to get miss Darling her midnight pregnancy cravings? She wants watermelon...and some chop suey, too! Adorable.




I am more than happy with how the Chop Suey turned out. Tons of veggies all pretty and colorful. I would make this again but will remember that it is a time consuming dish to prepare. You can find the recipe that I used right HERE. I followed it almost exactly. Most of the vegetables are recommended to be cut in specific ways. They also need to be kept separated and cooked separately until near the end of the recipe. So, this takes some time, uses up lots of bowls, but all-in-all a yummy dinner. I actually served this at a family potluck last night and it went over very well with the adults. And believe it or not...someone even brought watermelon! Ha!

This was my first time cooking with bok choy and an oyster sauce, so I can stick those ingredients under my proverbial belt now. Kind of exciting to me. Learning lots and having fun. Hope you are, too. Thanks for coming over for a little read and I'll see you again tomorrow for National Toasted Marshmallow Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment